- Construction: The elbow guard is typically made of high-density foam or a combination of foam and lightweight materials such as nylon or polyester. This construction helps absorb and distribute the impact of the ball.
- Protection: The elbow guard usually covers the vulnerable area around the elbow joint, providing padding and protection against impact from fast bowling or accidental hits.
- Flexibility: The elbow guard is designed to allow freedom of movement for the batsman’s arm and elbow, ensuring flexibility during shots and running between the wickets.
- Adjustable Straps: Elbow guards often have adjustable straps or fastenings to secure the guard in place and allow for a customizable fit.
- Breathability: Many modern elbow guards incorporate ventilation features or moisture-wicking materials to keep the batsman’s arm cool and dry during extended periods of play.